Tuesday 21 August 2012

Back on track

Today I received the paper work for my next hospital admission where the hardware will be removed from my left hip. I am really pleased that the screws will be coming out after only being in for 5 months rather than the expected 12months. Initially I thought I was going to be admitted to The Epworth Hospital for this surgery however I found out today that my surgery is going to be at the Avenue, so I get to experience the 4th hospital for my 4th hip surgery.

The past week I have returned to doing my regular classes at my gym - RPM (which is a cycle class) and Pump (a weight lifting class). I was shocked to discover how unfit I was.. and during the RPM class I literally thought I was going to die!! But when my breath finally caught up with me I felt great that I had completed my first class back. After my Pump class I couldn't move for 3 days without a reminder of the burn I felt during the class... The challenge now is to continue going on a regular basis so that I don't have to start back at square one again.

Last week was also the first time I have stepped on the scales since my surgery and despite expecting to see a higher number than usual I was still shocked. I have put on 5kg and I am the heaviest I have ever been. Initially I was angry and disappointed at myself as I have always been one to maintain a healthy weight range, however I took a step back to really appreciate the bigger picture. Being less active for the past 4 and a half months along with comfort eating on the couch is of course going to lead to a little bit more insulation around the middle. So I have decided that it is time to be a little more focused on eating good foods and less baking in the kitchen otherwise putting on my bikini's this summer is going to be challenging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment