Sunday 9 December 2018

2 weeks post op

Last Thursday marked 2 weeks post op and I had a review appointment at The Melbourne Orthopaedic Group. Before my appointment I had some standing X-rays done across the road at The Avenue to ensure that everything was still sitting in the correct position and that some bone has started to form. The first part of my appointment was with Jit's nurse who removed the dressing that was covering my scar and cleaned it up. The scar looks fantastic and the nurse told me to start doing some gentle scar massage to help the collagen fibres align, ensuring it acts and moves as well as the skin around it. 





I then had a brief consultation with Jit who was very happy with my progress. He told me that I can stop wearing my TED stockings (YAY!!) but to continue daily aspirin up until 6 weeks post op to prevent possible DVT. I am to remain partial weight-bearing (max 20% body weight) for the next month while my bone continues to grow and fill in the gap created in my pelvis during surgery when they repositioned my hip joint. Jit reminded me not to overdo things at home especially as I start to feel better as the bone is still healing. He also encouraged me to continue to reduce my pain medication so now I am only taking 1 x Palexia (sustained release opioid analgesic) tablet and Panadol as needed. I will see him again in the new year at 6 weeks post op. 

I am looking forward to starting some formal physiotherapy this week and getting in the hydro pool where I can start moving more freely without crutches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment